This was found on Pinterest, it’s something I’ve seen a few times on various blogs and it is the sort of thing which looks like pointless fun. I have always been interested in what other people have included in their versions, enjoying these little snippets into others lives.
However being of a self-deprecation nature I’ve always held back from participating in such challenges, that horrible little voice inside your head, the ‘brain worms’ I call them, say shit like “no one would be interested”, or “you’re not clever enough”, “you’re boring!” But I’m more inclined to ignore the little bastards now, so lets try something new, venture out my comfort zone and write a little about myself…
Don’t worry, it’s wont take 30 Days!
1. List 10 things which make you really happy:
- Music – All sorts of Music, especially live music, concerts and festivals.
- Movies – Particularly going to the cinema.
- The sound of rain on my roof.
- Coffee – Cake – Cuddles.
- Reading – Learning – Writing.
- Finding beauty in all different random thingies.
2. Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot.
“Depression is a choice lovely”
… just five words which changed my whole life around.
3. What are your top three pet peeves?
- Being ignored – I wrote quite a bit about this in my off-line journals to clear my head of this hang up. It still annoys me and I have to remind myself that they are the one with the ego to fuel, that they overlook those who lack their level of intelligence (such as myself)…
- Having to empty my loo! – Not a peeve as such, just unpleasant…
- That Cake is Not a healthy option! – That’s just wrong!
4. Write about someone who inspires you.
Nick Cave After watching 20,000 Days on Earth I fell in love with just how ‘normal’ he is, yet totally eccentric at the same time. I absolutely adore his use of words, in lyrics, in poetry, in conversation and expression. Painting pictures with words. For survival – overcoming addiction. In concert – with the relationship he maintains with the audience. For obscurity yet also popularity. A modest ego and impressive intellect. For the creation of music using layers and language to build artistic songs.
5. List five places that you want to visit.
- New Zealand
Anne Harrison 28.01.16